Current Exercise and Weight Loss Goals

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Abby

This is Abby. We put our dog, Shafer, down in February because he was really old and not doing well at all. I swore we would not have another dog until all the kids were potty trained and out of diapers. However, Jessica, Mikayla, Tanner, Hunter, and Savannah had other ideas. They got my mother-in-law in on the plan and she found a Yorkshire terrier for sale. Diane very graciously bought Abby for us. Abby is about 6 months old and so much fun!!!! She only weighs about 5 1/2 pounds and won't get much bigger. She loves to play tug-of-war and is learning to sit on command already. The only challenge has been house-training her. (She and Savannah are both consistently having accidents!) I have been surprised at how much I have enjoyed having a dog again. The best thing about her is she doesn't shed!!!!!!! I have to cut her hair! Her first "home haircut" was very challenging, but she looks so cute now that we can see her eyes!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Aaaaw! She's darling!

Corrie- said...

Wow, everyone's joining the dog wagon, and Abby wins for most cuddly! I would love a play by play of the doggie haircut. I tried to cut Andy's hair when we lived at Wymount to save money and took over two hours I was so nervous! I never tried again.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Abby is so cute! If I ever had an inside dog - they would definitely have to be non-shedding. What a great size too - perfect for the little kids!