Current Exercise and Weight Loss Goals

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A New Soccer Mom

So, I have entered the world of soccer! This is a whole new adventure for me. Both Tanner and Hunter are playing this season. So far, it's lots of fun! Tanner is right in the middle of this picture-heading for the ball. This is from last Saturday, during his very first soccer game. It was hot and sunny out there. And the field was HUGE! There weren't enough boys on our team that day for substitutions, so Tanner played the whole game. He was worn out by the end of it. They lost 2-1, but I was very proud of him.

He played another game Monday evening and as I watched him play he reminded me of Shane. I started thinking that Tanner probably plays just like his dad would have at that age. He is always right where the action is happening, but after taking a kick or two at the ball, he pulls back and lets someone else have a turn. (He's very polite.) And I'm over on the sidelines yelling, "Go get it Tanner! ...... Be aggressive!!! Kick it!!! .... You can do it!!!!!" Surprisingly, Tanner is not at all embarrassed by his mother and smiles at me when he's close to the sideline.


I love that I'm still his favorite mom.....

3 comments:

Leslie said...

How very fun!! Both of my little brothers played (and still play) soccer! I spent many an afternoon or evening cheering them on. I think soccer is my favorite sport to watch in person!

Shayleen Lunt said...

It sounds fun - except for the heat. Ugh. I thought I could hear you yelling Tanner's name on Monday. ;) hehe

Pampered Princess said...

shayleen! You are so naughty!!!