Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Posted by Pampered Princess at 11:35 AM
Monday, August 27, 2007
Shayleen's blog said I have been tagged. I have no idea what that means, but I want to be like Shayleen, so I will post my info just like her!
FOUR JOBS I HAVE HAD:
1. Mary Kay Cosmetics Consultant (I love their products!!!)
2. Sewing Machine Sales at So-Fro Fabrics in Reading, OH
3. Customer Service (on the phones) for Soft-Copy. I helped fix shipping problems for WordPerfect customers.
4. Document Preparation for Utah Geneological Society while living in Texas!
FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED: (What? I only get 4????)
1. Alamosa, CO
2. Mesa, AZ
3. Midvale, Sandy, and South Jordan, UT
4. Fort Worth, TX
5. Orem and Provo, UT
6. Springfield Township and Fairfield, OH
(Okay, I cheated. I listed them all.)
FOUR TV SHOWS I LIKE TO WATCH (plus 2 more)
1. American Idol
2. The Biggest Loser
3. The Closer
4. NFL FOOTBALL (It's finally almost football season!!!!)
TV SHOWS I WATCH THAT NONE OF MY FRIENDS WATCH (I made this catagory up)
1. Murder She Wrote
2. Simon and Simon
4. Magnum, P.I.
5. Diagnosis Murder
6. JAG (Kim Whiting likes this one!)
7. Reminton Steele
FOUR PLACES I HAVE RECENTLY VISITED:
1. Kirtland OH
2. Nauvoo, IL
3. Smethport, PA
4. Sanford, CO
FOUR MOVIES I LOVE
1. A&E's Pride and Prejudice (I've watched it a dozen times at least!)
2. Ever After
3. Father of The Bride 2 (loved watching it while expecting Savannah and then Jared)
4. just about anything with Harrison Ford!
FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS:
1. Mexican food!!!!!!!! (esp., at Acapulco Restaurant)
2. Garlic Chicken (at China Wok)
3. Esther Price Light Chocolates & Symphony Bars (Milk Chocolate with toffee chips of course!)
4. My Sweet & Sour chicken
FOUR THINGS I ENJOY DOING:
1. Reading mysteries
2. Stamping Cards and Scrapbooking (I create cards and pages in my head while I'm trying to go to sleep at night)
3. Running Races (5Ks especially! Not in shape for this right now!!!)
4. Visiting with my closest friends while eating!
FOUR PLACES I LIKE TO SHOP:
1. Michael's (with a coupon)
2. Hobby Lobby (when scrapbooking supplies are 50% off)
4. At my friends' Stampin' Up parties (Thanks Debbie Sowards for all the great cards you teach us how to make!)
5. Half-Price Books (I cheated again.)
FOUR PEOPLE I TAG: If I knew for sure what this meant I would tag Leslie, Corrie, Jocelyn, and Heather! (and I would tag you back Shayleen! Thanks, this was fun!)
Posted by Pampered Princess at 11:51 PM
Posted by Pampered Princess at 11:34 PM
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
So, I have entered the world of soccer! This is a whole new adventure for me. Both Tanner and Hunter are playing this season. So far, it's lots of fun! Tanner is right in the middle of this picture-heading for the ball. This is from last Saturday, during his very first soccer game. It was hot and sunny out there. And the field was HUGE! There weren't enough boys on our team that day for substitutions, so Tanner played the whole game. He was worn out by the end of it. They lost 2-1, but I was very proud of him.
He played another game Monday evening and as I watched him play he reminded me of Shane. I started thinking that Tanner probably plays just like his dad would have at that age. He is always right where the action is happening, but after taking a kick or two at the ball, he pulls back and lets someone else have a turn. (He's very polite.) And I'm over on the sidelines yelling, "Go get it Tanner! ...... Be aggressive!!! Kick it!!! .... You can do it!!!!!" Surprisingly, Tanner is not at all embarrassed by his mother and smiles at me when he's close to the sideline.
I love that I'm still his favorite mom.....
Posted by Pampered Princess at 10:54 PM
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
This is Abby. We put our dog, Shafer, down in February because he was really old and not doing well at all. I swore we would not have another dog until all the kids were potty trained and out of diapers. However, Jessica, Mikayla, Tanner, Hunter, and Savannah had other ideas. They got my mother-in-law in on the plan and she found a Yorkshire terrier for sale. Diane very graciously bought Abby for us. Abby is about 6 months old and so much fun!!!! She only weighs about 5 1/2 pounds and won't get much bigger. She loves to play tug-of-war and is learning to sit on command already. The only challenge has been house-training her. (She and Savannah are both consistently having accidents!) I have been surprised at how much I have enjoyed having a dog again. The best thing about her is she doesn't shed!!!!!!! I have to cut her hair! Her first "home haircut" was very challenging, but she looks so cute now that we can see her eyes!
Posted by Pampered Princess at 12:20 PM
I just love beach towels. When I'm at the store new beach towels ALWAYS catch my eye. I love the bright blues, teals, oranges, reds, greens....all of them. I also love the designs: stripes, dolphins, palm trees, Hawaiian flowers! If I were rich my closets would be full of brand new, fluffy beach towels! I would use them year round because they are just so fun!!!!
When my kids were in swim lessons I saw a beautiful beach towel with the Disney princesses on it. Savannah and I were both drooling. I would love a Finding Nemo, A Bug's Life, or even Cars towel. Almost anything Pixar! But, I'm not sure about Ratatouille. Who wants a rat on their beach towel?
Posted by Pampered Princess at 12:09 AM